The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Pieropan & *Can Camps Pedradura

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Pieropan & *Can Camps Pedradura

by Saina » Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 pm

• 2007 Pieropan Soave Classico - Italy, Veneto, Soave Classico (5/22/2009)
    This was moved from the special order selection to the normal selection, and as a consequence the price also dropped from 16,76€ to 13,36€! Hurray for Alko! For once there is some good news from our usually pathetic monopoly! :D The wine is just as good as I remember from last summer: very mineral scent, yellow and limpid fruit. It is fairly full bodied yet is still clear, precise and limpid with good, citrus-like acidity. It's not a profound wine like the Calvarino sometimes seems to me to be, but it is huge fun.
  • *2004 Can Camps Penedès Pedradura - Spain, Catalunya, Penedès (5/22/2009)
    Full disclosure: since my last note (here) we decided to import it to Finland, so beware of what I say ;) Once again, I find this a very satisfying wine. It smells deliciously ripe yet it has a strong savoury, vegetal/earthy character to it so it isn't all about the fruit. It is like a Texier CdPape with a curious twist, yet the curious twist doesn't seem out of place at all. Sweet, ripe fruit, good structure, no sucrosity despite being sweetly fruity. Very nice wine with gladly no new oak aromas (though I was under the impression that a small percentage did see new oak!). Knowing that Marselan is a cross of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon, I can see the differences to these two grapes, but still the cross (at least in this wine) seems a very successful one where their seemingly vastly different personalities come together in a seamless whole.
Posted from CellarTracker
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.