The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2007 Edmunds St. John Bone-Jolly Gamay Noir

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: 2007 Edmunds St. John Bone-Jolly Gamay Noir

by David M. Bueker » Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Some wines just bring a smile to my face. Steve's Bone-Jolly Gamay Noir is one of those wines. It's essence of crushed raspberries, with more freshness than an entire farmers' market & more fun than a barrel of monkeys. It even seems to have a little retained CO2 giving it an ever so slight spritz that is extra refreshing.

Hot weather is here, and that means Gamay takes center stage in my house. This is the Gamay for summer 2009.

I wonder how the 2006 is holding up? I've seen some locally. Nah - I'm sure it's great, as I have never been disappointed.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

Re: WTN: 2007 Edmunds St. John Bone-Jolly Gamay Noir

by Robert Reynolds » Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Ok, standing offer time here: anybody who wants to drive through Oklahoma on their way from California to anywhere East, and who brings me a case or three of Steve's wines (I don't even care which ones, as long as some are Bone Jolly), will earn my everlasting gratitude and a 20% premium on the cost of the wine.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Wed May 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Asimov who is the regular wine writer for the NY Times today did a feature article on excellent CA wines for $20.00 or less and mentioned prominently was Steve's Bone-Jolly. Just thought I would mention it. I have my case of the 07 for the summer. :D
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Wed May 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Bite me, Lou! :cry:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 pm

No offense intended, of course... :mrgreen:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Salil

Rank

Franc de Pied

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:26 pm

albany, ny

by Salil » Wed May 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:Ok, standing offer time here: anybody who wants to drive through Oklahoma on their way from California to anywhere East, and who brings me a case or three of Steve's wines (I don't even care which ones, as long as some are Bone Jolly), will earn my everlasting gratitude and a 20% premium on the cost of the wine.

Robert, are you able to get wine shipped into OK? (Not familiar with the laws in the state, but there are a few retailers I've seen who do stock the ESJ wines - I know Crush has 08 Bone-Jolly and the 05 Syrah)
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Wed May 20, 2009 9:08 pm

Salil Benegal wrote:
Robert Reynolds wrote:Ok, standing offer time here: anybody who wants to drive through Oklahoma on their way from California to anywhere East, and who brings me a case or three of Steve's wines (I don't even care which ones, as long as some are Bone Jolly), will earn my everlasting gratitude and a 20% premium on the cost of the wine.

Robert, are you able to get wine shipped into OK? (Not familiar with the laws in the state, but there are a few retailers I've seen who do stock the ESJ wines - I know Crush has 08 Bone-Jolly and the 05 Syrah)

Not a snowball's chance in Hades in getting outside wine shipped in (unless labeled as computer parts). :wink:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:
Salil Benegal wrote:

Not a snowball's chance in Hades in getting outside wine shipped in (unless labeled as computer parts). :wink:

Do the authorities really check everthing. I know a lot of packages labeled jams and jellies get delivered in strange places. Of course, so I've heard. :roll:
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:Not a snowball's chance in Hades in getting outside wine shipped in (unless labeled as computer parts). :wink:

I know how to do that. Except that Jenise has the computer parts box.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 am

Personally I like to put the styro shipper in a larger box, and then add some dry beans or pasta to rattle and conceal any styro squeak.

I've still never seen the ESJ Gamay Noir, doesn't seem to come in here and Steve doesn't ship to NY. I can usually get the rose, I see Crush has the '08 in, if Astor (usual source) doesn't add soon I'll figure out a reason to order from Crush.