The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: J J Prum Auslese Graacher Himmelreich 2006

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mark Kogos

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 am

Sydney Australia

WTN: J J Prum Auslese Graacher Himmelreich 2006

by Mark Kogos » Tue May 19, 2009 11:59 pm

J J Prum, Riesling Auslese Mosel Graacher Himmelreich 2006The experimentation with German riesling continues. Had for dinner last night with a roast chicken stuffed with ricotta and tarragon. Though I am told quite young, nevertheless ,an elegant wine, melons and peaches upfront with a surprising crisp and dry long finish. My dinner companion who imports German riesling (but not this one) explained the unexpected dry finish is attributable to the wine's superb acid structure. I have a few more of this pack tucked away. He suggests leaving alone for another 5 years before opening the next one. Ummmmm, we shall see.
Miss dhem Saints.
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: J J Prum Auslese Graacher Himmelreich 2006

by Rahsaan » Wed May 20, 2009 12:51 am

Mark Kogos wrote:a surprising crisp and dry long finish...explained the unexpected dry finish is attributable to the wine's superb acid structure..

And Prüm's masterful touch!
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: J J Prum Auslese Graacher Himmelreich 2006

by David M. Bueker » Wed May 20, 2009 7:00 am

Mark,

The 1997 Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese is just entering its prime drinking window, so I think your friend is being too lenient.

Of course the young charms of German Riesling are hard to resist. All the fruit and botrytis of 2006 make them appealing at a very young age.
Decisions are made by those who show up