The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN; `06 Baudry Chinon Rose....then and now!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

WTN; `06 Baudry Chinon Rose....then and now!

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed May 13, 2009 7:43 am

This note was posted on a UK forum last summer

WTN: `06 Chinon Rose,Domaine Bernard Baudry, Loire Valley.

100% Cab Franc, only $17 Cdn, 13% alc, good natural cork, opened 30 mins. Purchased locally here at DeVine Wines, Edmonton.

Color. Deepish salmon with rusty tinges. Appeals good!!

Nose. This took some time to open up..floral, strawberry, redcurrant. No capsicums with this one! Fellow taster thought "walk in the treed river valley". Good note I thought.

Palate. Very enjoyable with an initial entry of red berries and a herb finish. Modest length here (but gets better 2nd day). Medium-bodied, good acidity, slight hint of RS. More cherry after an hour, "think more tangerine on finish than citrus".
Very versatile food wine-cold meats, goat cheese and ginger chicken strips.
Not too many notes here for you all, I just enjoyed with good company. Buy again for sure.

******After taking a three week wine tasting break, thought I would retaste this very nice Baudry Chinon Rose. This second bottle has been sitting around in my kitchen fridge for over a year!!

Color is a medium pink hue with just a hint of rust when the light is right. On the nose I still find the floral element along with strawberry and raspberry. Medium-bodied, dryish, lime, flinty finish with strawberry to forefront. Braised shoulder of lamb helped, found a hint of bitterness without food.
On the second night, the finish had rounded out even more and the wine had not lost its initial attractiveness. Undecided if I should have held this length of time?
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN; `06 Baudry Chinon Rose....then and now!

by Rahsaan » Wed May 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Undecided if I should have held this length of time?

Did you like it?

I like some of the mellowing things that happen to rose as they age.