The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2006 Fredric Gueguen Chablis 1er "Fourchaume"

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David Z

Rank

Ultra geek

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm

WTN: 2006 Fredric Gueguen Chablis 1er "Fourchaume"

by David Z » Tue May 12, 2009 12:31 pm

The wine store I bought this at said that this producer was somehow affiliated with Brocard.

No oak here. Very pale, touch of green in the gold- classic Chablis color. This is pure Kimmeridgian- loads of oysters and chalk and seaweed and whatnot. Unmistakeably Chablis. There's some lime-y fruit, an interesting honey note. The only flaw here is its a bit flabby- this tastes like its been through malo and in general its a tad "loose". It has an uncanny resemblance to really good, Portsmouth-style New England Clam Chowder, the kind with no flour. Good, but a smidge below great, I wonder if that's the vintage. Would love to taste this wine in a sharper vintage.
no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

Re: WTN: 2006 Fredric Gueguen Chablis 1er "Fourchaume"

by Oswaldo Costa » Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm

David Z wrote:It has an uncanny resemblance to really good, Portsmouth-style New England Clam Chowder, the kind with no flour.

:lol: I love Kimmeridgian clam chowder...
Last edited by Oswaldo Costa on Tue May 12, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: 2006 Fredric Gueguen Chablis 1er "Fourchaume"

by Dale Williams » Tue May 12, 2009 2:56 pm

David Z wrote:The wine store I bought this at said that this producer was somehow affiliated with Brocard.

Gueguen is a relative or in-law of Brocard, and works as the vineyard manager.