The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

AAA Magazine Article on NY State Wineries

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

AAA Magazine Article on NY State Wineries

by Howie Hart » Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 am

In yesterday's mail I received May-June 2009 edition of Going Places, the AAA magazine. The cover story is about visiting wineries in Central and Western NY titled "Discover New York's Wine Country", written by Laura Wahler. It's a well written, simple piece with brief mentions of geology and history and a few winemaker's quotes and photos, but not a lot of detail, geared more for the non-wine geek considering a weekend get-away.
Here is a link: Discover New York's Wine Country
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: AAA Magazine Article on NY State Wineries

by Jon Leifer » Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 pm

magazine came at a time when I had no cases or medical histories to review and I was getting bored, cover caught my eye..My wife laughed when I told her I was so bored that I was reduced to reading the AAA magazine..
Really nothing of substance in the article, which is a shame..Since our magazine covers western and central NY, I thought it wd at least give me some info re what is going on in western NY...As a kid, I spent my summers in Chautuaqua and more recently, wd return to the area when my oldest daughter was playing in concerts at SUNY-Fredonia..
I would agree with your assessment..Perhaps it will drum up some tourist business for the area
Jon