The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2007 Dom. de la Pepiere Clos des Briords Muscadet VV

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTN: 2007 Dom. de la Pepiere Clos des Briords Muscadet VV

by Oswaldo Costa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:45 am

2007 Domaine de la Pepière (Marc Ollivier) Clos des Briords Muscadet Cuvée Vieilles Vignes Muscadet Sèvre & Marne Sur Lie 12.0%
Fresh and bright aromas, combining lemony citric, mineral, floral, oystershell and saline notes. The mouthfeel is wonderful, with terrific acidity, great balance and more body than I have ever tasted in a muscadet. Precise and crystalline, this is so thick it is almost chunky, yet it dances on the palate, gossamer light (go figure). Lovely stuff and a new personal benchmark for melon de bourgogne.
Last edited by Oswaldo Costa on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: 2007 Clos des Briords Muscadet Vieilles Vignes

by Dale Williams » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks for notes, always a great wine (especially considering price). Pretty much everyone here is going to know producer (Domaine de la Pepiere- Marc Olliver), but you might add in case someone searches for notes using "Pepiere"
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: 2007 Dom. de la Pepiere Clos des Briords Muscadet VV

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Domaine de la Pépière Clos des Briords 1992.....Chris Kissick has a write-up on the `92.

http://www.thewinedoctor.com
no avatar
User

Chris Kissack

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:42 am

by Chris Kissack » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 am

A delight to read this note on the 2007, because I have a bottle lined up ready to go soon.

Strangely, looking through my records, I see I have three bottles of the 2006 but only one of the 2007. Now I am scratching my head wondering why I bought them in that ratio???
no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

São Paulo, Brazil

by Oswaldo Costa » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:44 am

Chris Kissack wrote:A delight to read this note on the 2007, because I have a bottle lined up ready to go soon.

Strangely, looking through my records, I see I have three bottles of the 2006 but only one of the 2007. Now I am scratching my head wondering why I bought them in that ratio???

In my case, this sort of thing can happen when I forget to tick that pesky little box that says "no vintage substitutions allowed" :lol: Last year I got a case of 05 Arnoux Pinot Fin and was sent the 06...
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 am

I haven't had the '07 since February, but it was a crowd pleaser then - seemed a touch fatter/richer than I usually (even in 2005) associate with this wine.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 am

Oswaldo Costa wrote:when I forget to tick that pesky little box that says "no vintage substitutions allowed"...

Is that a literal box? Do some retailers reserve the rights to switch vintages? I've never seen that. Seems like a big difference.
no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

São Paulo, Brazil

by Oswaldo Costa » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:55 am

Rahsaan wrote:
Oswaldo Costa wrote:when I forget to tick that pesky little box that says "no vintage substitutions allowed"...

Is that a literal box? Do some retailers reserve the rights to switch vintages? I've never seen that. Seems like a big difference.

Yes, Crush has it, and so does Cabrini, where I got the Arnoux.
no avatar
User

Chris Kissack

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:42 am

by Chris Kissack » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 am

Rahsaan wrote:

I've never seen this is the UK, although when buying en primeur from The Wine Society (a co-operative retailer based here) they encourage you to allow them to substitue one wine for another!
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 am

Oswaldo Costa wrote:Yes, Crush has it, and so does Cabrini, where I got the Arnoux.

Wow.