The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Musar Rouge '99 again

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Musar Rouge '99 again

by Saina » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:48 pm

I received horrible news recently. Musar will not be re-listed in our monopoly once this batch is sold. Alko really sucks: first increasing the price by about 5€ so it isn't anymore affordable, and then getting rid of it because it apparently isn't selling as well as it used to (you think there might be a correlation between these events?).

I went and bought one, because I haven't had the '99 in quite a while. It's almost 30€ a bottle now, so certainly not cheap. In fact, it was more than I really should have spent on wine just now, but I wanted to say goodbye to a dear friend. Bright, but sweet red fruit and a comfortable, slight touch of dung, which was nice to see as I have found recent Musars to be clean. Slight volatility, but nothing hardcore. Sweet and plump, well structured, very primary. Lovely, lovely wine. Good to see my initial excitement about this wine hasn't waned: I still find this to be one of the best Musars I have had. Much fun in a primary way now, will surely age well.
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.