The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: white Beaujolais

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

WTN: white Beaujolais

by Dale Williams » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:51 pm

With roast chicken with a bread salad with pine nuts, the 2007 Terres Dorees (Jean-Paul Brun) Beaujolais Blanc. As always, a nice unoaked Chardonnay. Ripe apples and just a little nectarine, some chalky minerality, a tiny herb/grass note. This seems a little rounder and less zippy than some previous vintages, but it has plenty of acidity to stand up to the food. A nice wine and a fine value, B/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

no avatar
User

geo t.

Rank

Cellar cat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Day-twah, MI

Re: WTN: white Beaujolais

by geo t. » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey Dale, we had this one recently and liked it too. Here are my notes for comparison, as posted on Gang of Pour:

2007 Domaine des Terres Dorées/J.P. Brun Beaujolais Blanc (Chardonnay), 12% alc., $18.49: Medium straw color, with not much on the nose at first; flavors of yellow apple and pear, rich and moderately ripe, with good minerality and a note of fig. Medium full bodied, with good viscosity and acids, and as it opens in the glass, a hint of banana emerges. This is an interesting take on Chardonnay. It likes air and doesn’t want too much of a chill.

Cheers,

geo
Nunquam Spuemus
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: white Beaujolais

by David M. Bueker » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 pm

This one is finally available locally. I might have to stock up. It never made sense to pay shipping for such an inexpensive wine.
Decisions are made by those who show up