The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN:1999 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Grenache

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gregg G

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Atwater Village, CA.

TN:1999 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Grenache

by Gregg G » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 am

1999 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Grenache - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (2/20/2009)
What fun is rehearsing for a show unless you can drink some good vino? Wow is all I can say. This wine really is what it's all about. Initially tight on the nose and palate. It gradually opened up and by the end of the bottle was just singing Grenache. Aromas of tart raspberry/cherry notes, black pepper and garrigue that I would describe as pretty (as in a Burg.). The palate was lush but precise with great weight and presence. Perfectly balanced fruit, acidity and tannin. Silky texture. The finish has tremendous length. This was right up there with Rayas. As good a Grenache as I've had in a while. All of us agreed it performed better than the band last night (we are one rehearsal away from greatness).
Regards,
Gregg
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: TN:1999 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Grenache

by Redwinger » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:34 am

This is another CdP Domaine that I enjoy immensely. I've never had this cuvee :( , but their regular CdP was drinking quite nicely last time I checked in on it.
Bill
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Bosquet de Papes made 3 different wines in 1999 (do they still do that?) and I still have single bottles of the other 2. Perhaps it's time for a look-in.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Nigel Groundwater

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:08 pm

London, UK

by Nigel Groundwater » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:49 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Bosquet de Papes made 3 different wines in 1999 (do they still do that?) and I still have single bottles of the other 2. Perhaps it's time for a look-in.

They made 3 IIRC in 2007 [Tradition, Chante le Merle and Grenache] but the 100% Grenache wine, thought up by Nicolas Boiron in 1998 in honour of his grandfather and now called A la Gloire de mon Grand-Pere, wasn't made in 2006.

Thanks for the TN Gregg. B de P are one of my favourite traditional CDP producers along with VT but these three cuvees provide interesting comparisons. All good IMO but my preference is for the Merle.
no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

by Oswaldo Costa » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Gregg, is that can a Manzoni?

What kinda band?
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.