The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

One day in Chianti, whom to visit?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

One day in Chianti, whom to visit?

by Anders Källberg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:43 am

Friends,
I will probably have about one day with a rented car to visit a couple of wine producers in Chianti in the end of March. Since my time is so limited, I would appreciate any ideas and tips regarding who I should visit. I will probably stay over night somewhere in the countryside, so also tips for somewhere reasonably cheep to sleep would be nice.
Cheers,
Anders
no avatar
User

Mike_F

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:56 pm

Rehovot, Israel

Re: One day in Chianti, whom to visit?

by Mike_F » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:56 am

Hi Anders,

I'll be glad to post some suggestions for Chianti, but am still waiting for feedback on your recent trip to Rome ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20163 ) ???

Generally speaking, it would be nice if folks who ask for suggestions before going someplace post something on their trips after they get back.

thanks,

Mike
Of course we must be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.”
Richard Dawkins
no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

by Oswaldo Costa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 am

I was in the region in 2002 and visited Francesco Ricasoli in the amazing Castello di Broglio, well worth a visit. I like their Casalferro (100% sangiovese). The connection was established by the mother of a friend of mine, related to him by marriage, and he probably doesn't remember, but I will PM you his email address and perhaps you can write and ask for an appointment.

http://www.ricasoli.it/

http://www.micheleshah.com/index.asp?me ... ta=&id=226

Have a great time!
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

by Anders Källberg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 am

Mike_F wrote: am still waiting for feedback on your recent trip to Rome ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20163 ) ???

I'm sorry, Mike, but since I did not write any report from my brief Rome visit immediately when I came home, it fell in the background of other things "to do". I'll try to make a little summary in the next few days.
In short, the main experience worth reporting from the visit was Lardo di Colonnata. On the list of "100 things to eat before you die".
Cheers,
Anders
no avatar
User

David Creighton

Rank

Wine guru

Wed May 24, 2006 10:07 am

ann arbor, michigan

by David Creighton » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:01 pm

there are thousands of good experiences to be had there. the way to have one of them is to have someone you know who knows someone there set it up for you. it could be a retail person or a resterateur or..... anyone you know who knows someone there.
david creighton