The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2007 Messmer Riesling Halbtrocken (Pfalz)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Salil

Rank

Franc de Pied

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:26 pm

albany, ny

WTN: 2007 Messmer Riesling Halbtrocken (Pfalz)

by Salil » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:46 pm

This was one of the wines that David Bueker had brought to the Finger Lakes Riesling tasting a few months back and I'd really enjoyed it at that tasting, both blind and with food later on after the wines were unveiled. David gave me an extra bottle that I opened last night with dinner and had some more of tonight. (I must also point out how awesome the 1L bottle is - now if only they'd pick either a cork or screwcap, and get rid of that damn plastic cork!)

Very light yellow in colour with a mineral-driven nose showing lemon, grapefruit and pear flavours infused with rocks. Very clear, bright flavours of lemon, grapefruit and minerals in the mouth with faint herbal notes and razor-sharp acidity underneath. Finishes clean and dry with medium length. Very tasty, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for more wines from this producer.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: 2007 Messmer Riesling Halbtrocken (Pfalz)

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Salil, you do a great job here with your German TNs. Always educational, straight to the point, interesting thoughts. David must have taught you everything he (blink, wink).........knows!