The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat Today!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Sunday Chat Today!

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:06 pm

How has your weekend been? Have you been taking care of things around the house? Celebrating St. Valentine's Day? Inventorying your wine cellar and shipping the extra ESJ to Montana?

Whatever your weekend experiences were, come share them with people who get it at the regular WLDG Sunday Chat! Jocularity for all!

The fun gets started at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. GMT; 9 p.m. Standard Time in the UK; 10 p.m. Standard Time in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. Standard Time in Israel and Finland; 8 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in Sydney and environs; and 10 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in New Zealand.

Right Click to Enter --> WLDG Chat Room

Pour a glass of something good and pull up a chair. We'd love to see you! :D
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: Sunday Chat Today!

by Redwinger » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:50 pm

"extra ESJ". what's that?

You do realize that NASCAR is kicking off the 2009 with the Daytona 500 this afternoon? :)
Smile, it gives your face something to do!
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:56 pm

I never saw the appeal of watching cars race around in a circle for hours on end, depleting petroleum stocks and contributing to Global Warming as they go 'round. The crashes are interesting though (one does hope that the drivers always walk away from the wreckage). :wink:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:34 pm

What's a "NASCAR?" :wink:
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Robert Reynolds wrote:I never saw the appeal of watching cars race around in a circle for hours on end, depleting petroleum stocks and contributing to Global Warming as they go 'round. The crashes are interesting though (one does hope that the drivers always walk away from the wreckage). :wink:

You hope they walk away? I always thought the appeal was an ambulance and then an interview with the spouse. NASCAR has always struck me as much more akin to the games of ancient Rome than even American football.

Alas, I am spending the afternoon with a sick seventeen year-old daughter. I am likely to be absent without leave yet again
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Dang, another conflict ... I'm almost forgetting how to find my way to the Chatroom. :(

Friends from out of town are in for a few days - coming over to borrow our cats (in situ) for a little petting session, followed by Cuban dinner at Havana Rumba ...
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Robin who? :(

Sorry to hear your daughter is unwell, James.
no avatar
User

Doug Surplus

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Phoenix AZ

by Doug Surplus » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Cynthia Wenslow wrote:How has your weekend been? Have you been taking care of things around the house? Celebrating St. Valentine's Day? Inventorying your wine cellar and shipping the extra ESJ to Montana?

Sorry, despite my family name, there's no such thing as 'extra' ESJ in my cellar. I need every bottle of it I have!
Doug

If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?