The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

ProWein

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

P Arvela

Rank

Just got here

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:54 am

ProWein

by P Arvela » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 pm

ProWein winefair will be on 29.-31.3.2009 In Düsseldorf. Can someone tell me insider experiences ?
no avatar
User

Richard M

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 am

Speyer, Palatinate, Germany

Re: ProWein

by Richard M » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Obviously nobody can tell experiences of events that are taking place in the future ;)

The (english) website from this trade fair can be found here (Link)
no avatar
User

P Arvela

Rank

Just got here

by P Arvela » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks Richard but obviously I just asked if someone could tell me about that exhibition from the past. Have you perhaps visited ProWein ? If no one here has any experiences about ProWein, I will tell you when I am back.

I have only few days time to visit that exhibition but if you have hints about Düsseldorfs culinaristic palces, please let me know.
no avatar
User

Richard M

Rank

Wine geek

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:55 am

Speyer, Palatinate, Germany

by Richard M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 pm

I was just kidding a bit....maybe I just sat around with Bacchus for 2 long ;)

I haven`t been to Prowein or Duesseldorf, but I can recommend this site for gourmet restaurants in and around Duesseldorf; it is just in german but at least it lists the restaurants according to their ratings (in hidden tests); the english section there is just for wine and vintners
no avatar
User

P Arvela

Rank

Just got here

by P Arvela » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks Richard. Tante Anna in Altstadt looks interesting. I may try it and think about you.
no avatar
User

P Arvela

Rank

Just got here

by P Arvela » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:12 pm

I am back from ProWein. It was a big happening. I will write about it later in Finnish but I took part in couple of seminars. One of them was about Israel and its wines. We tasted wines from Binyamina, Golan Heights, Margalit, Recanati, Tishbi and Vitkin. I think the moderator was Guido Hube who told me that he knows Rogov well.
Thanks to Richard I had a possibility to visit Tante Anna. I very much enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was excellent. I only tasted from Tante Annas tasting menu 1 starter and the main course accopanied with a 2002 Riesling Kabinett from Weingut Zilliken and a 2005 Chateau Capion 2 C. The bill was 57,50 euros which I gladly payed for such an experience
no avatar
User

P Arvela

Rank

Just got here

by P Arvela » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:59 am

More pictures from ProWein/Israel

http://www.bestsidestory.de/prowein/