The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Suggestions requested on a special occasion wine.

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Mark Noah

Rank

Wine geek

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:03 pm

Baltimore

Re: Suggestions requested on a special occasion wine.

by Mark Noah » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:26 am

Robert and Gail, Glad you had a great time. Also glad you enjoyed the wine. Wish I could have tasted it with you.

Just to let you know, I believe all of the wines from this vineyard are made by Two Hands exclusively now. At least from the '06 vintage. Check this site out: http://www.twohandswines.com/ for the new look.

Through the '05 vintage, the bottles will look like the one you drank. By the way, the price you paid was unbelievable for a restaurant.

If you're ever in the area (Baltimore), let me know. I have some of the '05s and would love an excuse to open them.

mark
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

Re: Suggestions requested on a special occasion wine.

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks for the invite, Mark. Our travel budget is pretty tight for the foreseeable future, since we're about to commence on a homebuilding project over the next couple of years, but if we do have a chance to visit that area, I'll give you a heads-up.

I was actually a bit relieved when the waiter said that was the last bottle, because I would have been tempted to buy another to carry home, at the risk of causing some marital discord over the extravagance! LOL As I have said, that was far more than I have ever spent for one bottle of anything, including single-malts. But it was worth it, and Gail enjoyed it as well as I.

I had not known of the Two Hands connection. Thanks for sharing that.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
Previous