The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2006 Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Oswaldo Costa

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:30 am

São Paulo, Brazil

WTN: 2006 Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers

by Oswaldo Costa » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 am

2006 Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers 12.5%
Curious persimmon aroma on bottle neck. In the glass, violets and sour cherry, quite pleasant. Mouthfeel is surprisingly frizzy, like some young rieslings can be, and the frizz does not abate with time. I find that a little offputting in a red. But what disappoints me is the hollow mid-palate followed by the short finish. This has nice aromatics and has the merit of not trying to be a burg but is not special enough to hold its own against the Morgons I have tried recently. But would make a great poolside sipper on a balmy day.
"I went on a rigorous diet that eliminated alcohol, fat and sugar. In two weeks, I lost 14 days." Tim Maia, Brazilian singer-songwriter.
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: WTN: 2006 Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers

by Rahsaan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am

Oswaldo Costa wrote:Mouthfeel is surprisingly frizzy, like some young rieslings can be, and the frizz does not abate with time. I find that a little offputting in a red. But what disappoints me is the hollow mid-palate followed by the short finish..

Sounds like refermentation and a bad bottle.

I don't know about the 06, but I think there were similar problems with the 05 and one of my favorite CA stores encouraged me not to buy it.