The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Turner in Overdrive

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Turner in Overdrive

by David M. Bueker » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 pm

2005 A. P. Vin Turner Vineyard Pinot Noir

Good thing I'm a fan of cherry cola, because this stuff has it in spades. It's also a little spicy and has some good acidic structure. Very nice Pinot.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Michael Malinoski

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:11 pm

Sudbury, MA

Re: WTN: Turner in Overdrive

by Michael Malinoski » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Looks like you have been taking care of business, David.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Every way
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Michael Malinoski wrote:Looks like you have been taking care of business, David.

Ah, you ain't seen nothing yet. When our David sets his sights on a bottle of wine...say, David, I have one of these in the cellar. Haven't ever had an A.P.Vin before, but I am looking forward to it--thanks for the note.. I've really formed a fondness for these mid-Californian pinots.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Jenise,

I would pop it soon so people see you having fun!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Speaking of Randy Bachmann, a few miles away from my home is a manse everyone knows as "the Bachmann estate". It's quite the house and on many many acres bordered on the north side by the actual Canadian/U.S. border which apparently guaranteed the Bachmanns private access to, well, all sorts of things! Legend has it that the parties were pretty grand. He has since moved to Vancouver Island where, I heard on Canadian radio, he has a fabulous home that's a model of green living (environmentally speaking). I never thought of BTO as that successful a band, but he apparently lacks for nothing.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

by John S » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 am

BTO had several #1 hits - not easy to do - but he was also a key songwriter/guitarist of a little band called The Guess Who, who also did pretty well for themselves...
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:37 pm

John S wrote:BTO had several #1 hits - not easy to do - but he was also a key songwriter/guitarist of a little band called The Guess Who, who also did pretty well for themselves...

I didn't realize! I love old Guess Who stuff. Burton Cummings is another I hear of/about frequently on Canadian radio.
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Jenise wrote:
John S wrote:BTO had several #1 hits - not easy to do - but he was also a key songwriter/guitarist of a little band called The Guess Who, who also did pretty well for themselves...

I didn't realize! I love old Guess Who stuff. Burton Cummings is another I hear of/about frequently on Canadian radio.

No doubt "American Woman," Jenise :wink: Burton Cummings was persona non grata throughout much of the US after his ab libs in the live version of that ditty hit the airwaves.

Mark Lipton