The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2004 Bouzereau Bourgogne

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

2004 Bouzereau Bourgogne

by Bob Henrick » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:53 pm

I just received a mailing from Schneider's of Capitol hill. They have the subject wine on sale at $10 per (minus case discount) plus shipping. I am not familiar with this wine, but do know that Bouzereau is a respected Burgundy producer. 2004 being 4 vintages old and being generic white Burgundy might be on the downhill slide, but then again it might be at it's apex AFAIK. So, anyone here who has knowledge of this wine and or an opinion of where it is in it's drink ability please chime in with direction. Thanks in advance.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Nigel Groundwater

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:08 pm

London, UK

Re: 2004 Bouzereau Bourgogne

by Nigel Groundwater » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:I just received a mailing from Schneider's of Capitol hill. They have the subject wine on sale at $10 per (minus case discount) plus shipping. I am not familiar with this wine, but do know that Bouzereau is a respected Burgundy producer. 2004 being 4 vintages old and being generic white Burgundy might be on the downhill slide, but then again it might be at it's apex AFAIK. So, anyone here who has knowledge of this wine and or an opinion of where it is in it's drink ability please chime in with direction. Thanks in advance.

We had the 2005 at a tasting of 5 Bourgogne Blancs and 9 Bourgogne Rouges last night and it was as fresh as a daisy with some free SO2 clearly in evidence. If the 2004 was made the same way I doubt whether it would be poxed a year later. It was a fruity quite aromatic wine and would be a genuine bargain at 10$ if it is in good shape. Obviously a vintage difference but can you try a bottle first?
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

Re: 2004 Bouzereau Bourgogne

by Bob Henrick » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Nigel Groundwater wrote:We had the 2005 at a tasting of 5 Bourgogne Blancs and 9 Bourgogne Rouges last night and it was as fresh as a daisy with some free SO2 clearly in evidence. If the 2004 was made the same way I doubt whether it would be poxed a year later. It was a fruity quite aromatic wine and would be a genuine bargain at 10$ if it is in good shape. Obviously a vintage difference but can you try a bottle first?

Nigel, the store is in Washington DC, and I am in Lexington, Ky. So I can't just go get a bottle to try. I can though see if they will ship me one bottle to try. Only problem with that is that I am on wine probation while I try to lose 20-30 pounds of excess weight. The fact that I won't be able to taste it for a couple months or longer is one reason I wanted to pick someone's brain. Your report is quite convincing though. I may just order a six pack since I can't go too wrong at $10 plus shipping.
Bob Henrick