The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Every thing Is Wonderful, Being Here is Heavenly...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Manuel Camblor

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:23 am

New York, NY

Every thing Is Wonderful, Being Here is Heavenly...

by Manuel Camblor » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:51 am

Hey guys,

In case I didn't make it clear before, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Robin and the rest of the guys on this resurrection of the WLDG, a forum with which I associate many fond memories from the last eight eyars or so of my formation as a wine geek.

I was one of those rather unhappy with the whole move to the Compuserve/Netscape communities, thinking the format, to put it mildly, about as truly welcoming and comfortable as a hair shirt. Alas, I realize Robin invested a lot of time, energy and other resources in that project. Which is why I must say that admitting the project's shortcomings and failings, then taking up the renewal of a place that will--hopefully--bring back in so many of us who had drifted away, shows both great courage and great sense.

I welcome the resurgence of the WLDG. I will give it a fair chance, which it very well deserves. I hope everyone else will do the same.

Oh, and I love the fact that there are Stanic emoticons to suit a couple fo my more recurrent moods... :twisted:
Best,

LL
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

It's good to have you here!

by James Roscoe » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:36 am

Manuel,
I agree with the sentiments you expressed in your post about the courage it has taken to bring this back. I think Robin has shown himself to be a truly wise and humble person. We could all follow his example.
On the other hand, I cant stand those emoticons. They're just silly.
Cheers!
James
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: Every thing Is Wonderful, Being Here is Heavenly...

by David M. Bueker » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:41 am

It is great to be on better software. And changing my profile so that the board style is "Jet" has made it very readable!
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bill Buitenhuys

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Phoenix metro

Re: Every thing Is Wonderful, Being Here is Heavenly...

by Bill Buitenhuys » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:38 pm

You are so right, Manuel. I think lots of us have a sentimental attachment to WLDG and it was painful to see things falling apart as they were.

Having this cleaner layout is sure making it easier to spend more time on the forum without getting eye strain.

David, I keep bouncing between Jet and aluminoid...It's so nice to have a couple very readable options over the cramped, ad-filled hell that we were in.
no avatar
User

Manuel Camblor

Rank

Ultra geek

New York, NY

Granted...

by Manuel Camblor » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 pm

Figuring this software out will take some doing. But it's nice to be able to do the figuring without the clutter of ads and without having to log-in a gazillion times just to say hello.

And now, I shall go back to painting my apartment. Later, hopefully, I can bombard this joint with some of my huge backlog of TNs and travel chronicles. It's been a while since I've written about wine...

M.
Best,

LL
no avatar
User

Jude Fisher

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:28 am

Seville, Spain

Re: Granted...

by Jude Fisher » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:57 pm

Manuel Camblor wrote:Later, hopefully, I can bombard this joint with some of my huge backlog of TNs and travel chronicles. It's been a while since I've written about wine...

M.

And about time too. Your audience is waiting.
no avatar
User

Manuel Camblor

Rank

Ultra geek

New York, NY

Re: Granted...

by Manuel Camblor » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:28 pm

Jude Fisher wrote:
Manuel Camblor wrote:Later, hopefully, I can bombard this joint with some of my huge backlog of TNs and travel chronicles. It's been a while since I've written about wine...

M.

And about time too. Your audience is waiting.

Holy shit! I have an audience! But I get stage fright! :D :D
Best,

LL