The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2007 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir WV

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

WTN: 2007 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir WV

by Jason Hagen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:03 pm

2007 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (12/31/2008)
My first “at home” and “in bottle” tasting of a 2007 Oregon pinot. A very nice way to start. This smells delicious. A bit grapey but very nice and pure. Big aromatics. Nice attack and slightly vacant in the middle and back. This is a pretty wine focused on purity of fruit. Doesn’t show much complexity. The fruit in nicely sized at the front while the finish is more earthy and flowery. Glad I got a bunch of this. At $18 this will bring years of pleasure. Kudos, Thanks and continued support to Russ and Mary. Wait 6 months for the next bottle. Should be fine for 3-6 years. (90 pts.)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2007 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir WV

by Jenise » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Jason Hagen wrote:2007 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (12/31/2008)
My first “at home” and “in bottle” tasting of a 2007 Oregon pinot. A very nice way to start. This smells delicious. A bit grapey but very nice and pure. Big aromatics. Nice attack and slightly vacant in the middle and back. This is a pretty wine focused on purity of fruit. Doesn’t show much complexity. The fruit in nicely sized at the front while the finish is more earthy and flowery. Glad I got a bunch of this. At $18 this will bring years of pleasure. Kudos, Thanks and continued support to Russ and Mary. Wait 6 months for the next bottle. Should be fine for 3-6 years. (90 pts.)

I thought Russ' 06 was perhaps the best under $20 pinot I ever tasted. Sounds like 07's in the bag, too--great report, thanks.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

Re: WTN: 2007 Evesham Wood Pinot Noir WV

by Jason Hagen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Jenise wrote:I thought Russ' 06 was perhaps the best under $20 pinot I ever tasted. Sounds like 07's in the bag, too--great report, thanks.

For me this was a slight step above 06 Eola Hills and a slight step down from the 06 La Grive Bleue.

J