The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

PSA- if anyone shopped at Cellarbrokers

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

PSA- if anyone shopped at Cellarbrokers

by Dale Williams » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 pm

There have been a lot of concerns about the business practices of Cellarbrokers on Long Island. Basically I've discouraged folks for shopping there, they seem to be a "order the wine and we'll order it" type operations, and seldom actually had access to wines they had listed. I never attempted to order, but a friend tried to order a red Auxey 1er (we were going to split a 6), they offered the village blanc. But it seems that their business has ended- the following appears on
http://cellarbrokers.com/

Due to recent high order volumes and a systems change, we are currently not accepting any new orders. If you are a current customer and were charged for an order you did not receive, please contact your credit/debit card company directly for a refund. We are very sorry for this inconvenience

If anyone has outstanding orders, I'd contact your cc company immediately, some have time limits on contested charges.
no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: PSA- if anyone shopped at Cellarbrokers

by Diane (Long Island) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:48 pm

They weren't too reliable when business was good. I avoided using them, even though their location was fairly convenient for me.
Diane
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: PSA- if anyone shopped at Cellarbrokers

by Dale Williams » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Diane (Long Island) wrote:They weren't too reliable when business was good. I avoided using them, even though their location was fairly convenient for me.

There were 4 places that I totally disregarded on Winesearcher:
Cellarbrokers
Grapes in CT (not to be confused with Daniel Posner's excellent Grapes in N. White Plains NY)
Wine Chateau in NJ (again, not to be confused with the reputable store in I think Kansas City)
Corporate Wine in MA

And then there were three...