The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

'Nother Pinot: Duette, Indómita, Chile

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

'Nother Pinot: Duette, Indómita, Chile

by Anders Källberg » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:48 pm

2007 Duette, Premium, Viña Indómita, Casablanca Valley, Chile. 14.5% abv, EUR 8.60
Found a new Pinot from Chile on the shelves of our dear monopoly just before New Year. My friend at the store recommended it, so of course I decided to try it. It turned out to be one of the better and more charming Pinots I've had from Chile. A medium deep, bright purplish red colour. A fine, charming nose with lots pf pure Pinot fruit, strawberries and cherries. Good pinosity, simply. Also a touch of oak, but just nicely backing up in the background. Slightly sweet attack on the palate, but soon replaced by the fresh fruity acidity. Medium deep taste with a hint of meat and some slightly bitter earthiness. Intense, almost peppery finish. Clearly a charming and well balanced Pinot, in spite of its 14.5% alcohol. Not with a great deal of depth, but a great budget Pinot.

Cheers, Anders
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: 'Nother Pinot: Duette, Indómita, Chile

by David M. Bueker » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Wow. Good and a good bargain.

I haven't had a good $15 Pinot in a long time.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

Re: 'Nother Pinot: Duette, Indómita, Chile

by Anders Källberg » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:50 am

David M. Bueker wrote:Wow. Good and a good bargain.

I haven't had a good $15 Pinot in a long time.

Yes, this good a Pinot at this price is indeed quite a treat. I'd recommend you to look for chilean Pinots, in particular those from the Casablanca area, including the nearby San Antinoio Valley.

BTW, here are the labels, with the bottle embedded in the freshly fallen snow here:

Duette.jpg

Cheers, Anders
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.