The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat Today!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Sunday Chat Today!

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:09 am

How has your weekend been? Are you deep into baking and menu planning for the holidays? Making the rounds of parties, spreading the news of Good Wine? Enjoying time with your family in Paris? (Hi, James!)

Whatever your weekend experiences were, come share them with people who get it at the regular WLDG Sunday Chat! Fun and frivolity for all!

The fun gets started at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. GMT; 9 p.m. Standard Time in the UK; 10 p.m. Standard Time in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. Standard Time in Israel and Finland; 8 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in Sydney and environs; and 10 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in New Zealand.

Right Click to Enter --> WLDG Chat Room

Pour a glass of something good and pull up a chair. We'd love to see you! :D
no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Sunday Chat Today!

by Anders Källberg » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh Princess, I might not make it to chat today, since I will be making merry with my family in a Japanese restaurant by enjoying their version of the Christmas smörgåsbord, that is a Japanese buffet. Have fun at the chat and

Happy Winter Solstice!
Anders
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Wish you were here! :D Good wine good food and awesome sites. I am still suffering from some jet lag. I suspect 11:00 PM will find me asleep in bed. We will see. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

TonyVel

Rank

Wine geek

Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:28 pm

by TonyVel » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Been great. Cold and wet here in Oakland, CA. Traci is off to the movies to see "Milk", I believe. Friday night we had a light dinner of a salmon, ceasar salad with homemade croutons. Saturday night we made korean style beef on cellophane noodles with broccoli steamed in butter. And tonight some friends are coming over for lamb shanks with beans mulligan (Jacques Pepin recipe). My sent up a couple pounds of meyer lemons from her tree so I have a Meyer lemon granita chilling in the freezer...

Wines: we had a really nice 2007 Vouvray from a producer whose name escapes me right now, a 2005 Novy Syrah that was pretty thick rich but just short of cloying, a 2007 AP Vin Rosellas Vyd Pinot that was a little under inspiring...but tonight...Chateauneuf...YEAH!
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm in the middle of adventuring with the boys in Everquest. Have fun in chat! 8)
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it - I was busy drinking wine with some friends. I think that is a good excuse. :)
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:58 pm

We all wondered about you, Otto.

And I must say, that's a much better excuse than Mr 1k's! :wink: Even James checked in from Paris.