The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat Today!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Cynthia Wenslow

Rank

Pizza Princess

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

The Third Coast

Sunday Chat Today!

by Cynthia Wenslow » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:07 am

How has your weekend been? Have you hosted or attended a holiday party? Selected wines for gifts at your favorite wine shop? Tried out a new recipe on loved ones? Packed and re-packed for Paris?

Whatever your weekend experiences were, come share them with people who get it at the regular WLDG Sunday Chat! Fun and frivolity for all!

The fun gets started at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. GMT; 9 p.m. Standard Time in the UK; 10 p.m. Standard Time in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. Standard Time in Israel and Finland; 8 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in Sydney and environs; and 10 a.m. Daylight Time Monday in New Zealand.

Right Click to Enter --> WLDG Chat Room

Pour a glass of something good and pull up a chair. We'd love to see you! :D
no avatar
User

Stuart Yaniger

Rank

Stud Muffin

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Big Sky

Re: Sunday Chat Today!

by Stuart Yaniger » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:28 am

I hope you'll tell us about your holiday party experience. Did you physically damage anyone?
"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?" — Lon Chaney, Sr.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:49 am

What party experience? I am getting ready for Paris, but I hope to drop by.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:40 pm

I will be making merry today.* Have fun and take notes!

JuliaB

* My Mother's name is Mary..I can still see her grimace, every time my Dad used that joke!
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:56 pm

I am doing dinner tonight (in the kitchen) and haven't even begun the prep. so, if I can get here I will, but, I don't know. .It looks like pork loin with a cajun marinade smothered at the end of cooking with caramelized onions. Am seriously thinking of fried apples, and then round it all off with some home made potato au gratin. I think I will do Ryan Maderak's au gratin with Boursin. As usual, I will probably make a tweak or two, but not enough that it won't be good. For one, I don't have any heavy whipping cream, not even any half and half. What I do have is a can of evaporated milk which I will cut with some 2% milk. To make it a tad more rich, I will add some cheddar on top the last 15-20 minutes.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:18 pm

JuliaB wrote:I will be making merry today.* Have fun and take notes!

JuliaB

* My Mother's name is Mary..I can still see her grimace, every time my Dad used that joke!

Merry Christmas JB! see you on the flip side of the New Year.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Tracy Wallace

Rank

Just got here

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 pm

by Tracy Wallace » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Yikes! I am going to miss the chat 2day. I'm going out with friends. I was inspired by the food poll so I made chacrute last night! So yummy (Saurerkaraut, apricots, apple, sausage from a local San Diego farm; juniper, potato,& carrot). I cheated with Sauv Blanc since it was open. I look forward to making the meet on Wed.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:16 pm

It`s Sauerkraut I believe!!

In France, the traditional sauerkraut dish is choucroute garnie (garnished sauerkraut): a one-dish meal of sauerkraut, sausages, pieces of meat such as ham knuckle, and perhaps potatoes, all cooked together in goose fat. Typical accompaniment beverages are beer or white wine (Riesling). The annual consumption of sauerkraut in France is 900g/inhabitant.

A riesling from Alsace is my way of a food wine matchup!
no avatar
User

David Lole

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 am

Canberra, Australia

by David Lole » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 am

One of the funniest chats I've attended. The chat jester, Stud Muffin, once again thrilled us with his insanely brilliant wit, and cheeky innuendo (to put it mildly). A couple of his one-liner's (after the boss left for chores) had me in tears for the best part of twenty minutes. If you've got tough skin, a broad mind and broader shoulders, I implore you join us next time for the next instalment of WLDG's version "Days of Our Lives (in Butte)". A hilarious experience not to be missed. You, too, can ROTFPYL! Just hope Stud turns up.
Cheers,

David