The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2001 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gregg G

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Atwater Village, CA.

WTN: 2001 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages

by Gregg G » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 pm

2001 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (12/3/2008)
Let me just say that I'm biased when it comes to this domain. Ever since Betty Dunbar introduced me to the wines with the '01 vintage, I've been a huge fan. I'm a buyer of the lower tiered wines Bourgogne thru GC VV. I tasted this CdN on release, bought a 6 pack and haven't touched a bottle since then. We opened this last night before the LA Opera performance of Carmen. Todd French, who is a cellist in the orchestra, joined us for a glass or 2 before. Interestingly, Todd said the wine improved his performance. I think it was his way of rationalizing his new foray into Burgundy. On to the wine. Showing a light purple, crimson hue with expressive aromatics as soon as the cork was pulled. The palate shows red currant fruits, nice sour cherry and a touch of sois bois. Beginning to show a bit of complexity with a touch of forest floor and earth. Some tannin is still present but the structure indicates some additional cellaring will benefit this wine. The finish is respectable for this level of wine. All in all, I very happy to own several more of these and follow its evolution. Purchase price: $19.99. A Becky Wasserman Selection. Imported by: Vinalia. 13% AbV.
Regards,
Gregg
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2001 Domaine Denis Bachelet Côte de Nuits Villages

by David M. Bueker » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Damn...I didn't get into Bachelet until the 2002 vintage.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:52 pm

We opened this last night before the LA Opera performance of Carmen. Todd French, who is a cellist in the orchestra, joined us for a glass or 2 before. Interestingly, Todd said the wine improved his performance.

Gregg, any chance of listing the main singers for us??
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:We opened this last night before the LA Opera performance of Carmen. Todd French, who is a cellist in the orchestra, joined us for a glass or 2 before. Interestingly, Todd said the wine improved his performance.

Gregg, any chance of listing the main singers for us??

Well let's see...it was LA, so Courtney Love and Axel Rose! :twisted:
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Gregg G

Rank

Ultra geek

Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Atwater Village, CA.

by Gregg G » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 pm

David - you crack me up, and please get with the program. Everyone in LA knows Axel was getting botox and Courtney is busy deciding her sexual preference.

Here's a link for the show:
http://www.losangelesopera.com/production/0809/carmen/index.aspx
Regards,
Gregg