The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2003 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 2003 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon

by Jenise » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:00 pm

So I couldn't wait to get into a bottle of 2003 Laurel Glen which, though it typically sells for upwards of $60 bucks, I got a whole case of for $15 each. And boy am I happy about it: Excellent black and red fruit, spot-on cabernet flavors, grippy tannins--it's all there. Quite dry, I poured it along with two Bordeaux and it didn't show 'sweet' or California-flashy, it should age nicely though I may have some trouble keeping my hands off of it in the near term. Great buy!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Art Morris

Rank

Wine geek

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:53 am

West Virginia

Re: WTN: 2003 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon

by Art Morris » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:55 am

Jenise- was that a local or online purchase ? Like most Cab lovers, I'm always searching for QPR. Thanks !

CHEERS!

Art
We're not here for a long time,
we're here for a GOOD time !
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:00 pm

Art Morris wrote:Jenise- was that a local or online purchase ? Like most Cab lovers, I'm always searching for QPR. Thanks !

CHEERS!

Art

Local--a distributor went out of business and I'm a friend of friend of a retailer who bought a big part of his stock.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:17 pm

Wow! That's a hell of a deal, Jenise. Congrats on scoring that.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Mike Filigenzi wrote:Wow! That's a hell of a deal, Jenise. Congrats on scoring that.

Yes, I was very lucky. Also got a case of a splendid Sicilian EVOO for $8/bottle about a week after Garagiste sold it for $25. Great deals, and I was very happy with them until I found out that this same distributor also had great burgs and other things available, which I could have had for basically 25 cents on the dollar. Oh well--perhaps they did me a favor. With the remodelling we're doing, I didn't need to be buying a lot right now.