The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Heres another good Okanagan winery (BP).

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Heres another good Okanagan winery (BP).

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:57 pm

Lake Breeze, especially the Pinot Gris and the Semillon. Now I know I have been telling a story about Semillon and Canada but this is really quite good!!
Tonite, also tasted the Blue Mountain PG (striped label) as well as the Tinhorn Creek. What on earth has happened there? Lately the wines have been below average. Tinhorn used to be so dependable but not any more.
The Henry of Pelham Reserve Riesling was way below par, are there any good Rieslings from this area (Ont)? Guess I should check out the recent report from the big weekend around Niagara?
no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

Re: Heres another good Okanagan winery (BP).

by John S » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:20 am

La Frenz, just down the road from LakeBreeze, also makes a nice semillon. The Hillside Estate Pinot Gris reserve 2005 was also nice, I thought.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:38 am

Which vintage of Blue Mountain, Bob?

And I'll join John in urging you to find the La Frenz semillon if you haven't. It's a revelation--I had no idea semillon didn't have to be heavy and perfumey.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:50 am

Thanks to Jenise and John. Happy Canada Day to all.
The Blue Mountain was the `02 vintage from a private cellar (the store owner!!). Yup, I too have enjoyed the La Frenz Sem. but did not enjoy the muscat they bring out, Alexandria I think it is called.
I have not come across the Hillside Estate here in Alberta but will look out for it. Are either of you familar with the Lake Breeze and where is Mishy?!!

BTW another Semillon flying out of the store I frequent is the Torbecks Woodcutters from the land of Oz. Bob McD is a big buyer!!!