The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Chapoutier CdP, Musar, and Mistela

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jay Labrador

Rank

J-Lab's in da house!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Manila, Philippines

WTN: Chapoutier CdP, Musar, and Mistela

by Jay Labrador » Tue May 09, 2006 1:18 pm

Am posting from Singapore where we had a wine dinner with some friends based here.

Chapoutier La Bernardine Chateauneuf du Pape 2003 - Bought in Singapore. Nose opens with herb notes later getting sweeter with berry notes after some exposure to air. Sweet attack on the palate but with a very dry finish. Some astringency but no overripe character. Medium weight. Very smooth on the mid palate. A long finish. Very nice wine that needs a bit more time to fully come together.

Chateau Musar Bekaa Valley Lebanon 1998 - Looks old. Decanted with lots of sediment remaining in the bottle. Sweet berry nose with a slight earthiness. Sweet entry. Light. Suave, elegant wine. So very drinkable. Long finish. Drinking very nicely now.

We ended up with red and white Mistela fom Vinas Pinol, Terra Alta, Spain. Not really wine I suppose. A Google ssearch says this is grape juice with grape spirit added which is exactly what I wrote in my notes. Very smooth and sweet with the white version having a slightly volatile nose and a bit rougher than the red