Agua Dulce gets another couple of medals

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Agua Dulce gets another couple of medals

Postby Craig Winchell » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:55 am

So we've been busy. 7 medals so far. The wines had already won 2 medals out of 2 entries at the International Wine Challenge in London, a silver for the Zin and a bronze for the Syrah. Each of the 3 had already won medals in the San Francisco Chronicle International Wine Competition, Silvers for the Zin and Syrah and a bronze for the Cab. And now, we discover that last weekend, the Cab and Syrah each won silver, but the Zin failed to medal. That was in the Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition, where all of the judges are professional winemakers. So the medal count is now Zin, 2 silvers, Syrah, 2 silvers and a bronze, and the Cab, a silver and a bronze. 7 medals in 8 competition entries. But gold is eluding us as of now.
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Re: Agua Dulce gets another couple of medals

Postby Yehoshua Werth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm

BS"D

Mazal Tov and may your skills be welcomed and happy on many Shabbos and Simcha Tables till beyond!
Yehoshua Werth, Manager
The GrapeVine Wines & Spirits
Monsey, NY USA
http://www.youtube.com/TheGrapevineWines
Yehoshua Werth
Wine guru

Postby Craig Winchell » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:41 pm

As of now, we only have 4 more entries in 2 competitions. The Cab was entered in Tranche 2 of the International Wine Challenge and each wine was intered int the Dallas Morning News International Wine Competition. I may enter the West Coast Wine Competition or the New World International Wine competition, but I would doubt that I will enter both, and may enter neither. And the Decanter Wine Awards is so expensive, though prestigious, and they make it difficult to get the wine to London.

We've been doing so well, but no New York kosher distributors seem to want the wine. I guess no New York distributors want my wine when I'm in a better gig, because they are certainly not giving these wines the time of day, and I tend to help those who help me, and deal with those who deal with me. So to hell with it. New Yorkers will just need to buy direct, or from some retailer outside of New York. Unless, of course, I can interest a nonkosher distributor quickly. I don't blame the retailers who want the wine, of course. Their hands are tied. But if they can help goose a good nonkosher distributor to take the product, then we're in business.
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Postby Jonathan K » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Craig,
I am glad you're getting some positive response and very sorry this is going to be a one vintage thing.I really do enjoy the wines.
Jonathan K
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum