Agua Dulce's first vintage of kosher bottled

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Agua Dulce's first vintage of kosher bottled

Postby Craig Winchell » Tue May 14, 2013 12:08 am

Done. About 990 cases Cab, 410 cases Zin, 370 cases Syrah. Glad it's over. 2010 vintage.
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Re: Agua Dulce's first vintage of kosher bottled

Postby Pinchas L » Tue May 14, 2013 10:23 am

Craig,

I'm counting on you informing us of the impending release dates.

Best,
-> Pinchas
Pinchas L
Wine guru

Postby Craig Winchell » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 am

Hi all! In tasting the 2010 AD wines, it seems they have turned the corner on their bottle shock. I expect them to be saleable as of July 1. I do not expect them to be particularly tasty then, but should have pricing worked out and distribution under control, and they should show a certain promise of a tastier future. I'm not sure about direct shipping in the summer months.
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Postby Andrew B » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm

I don't typically associate the middle of summer with a release of a full red wine, either.
Andrew B
Wine guru

Postby Craig Winchell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:15 am

These days, mid-summer is par for the course in new releases of reds. They must typically get into the marketplace by October, to be considered for the "main event" in wine sales, Thanksgiving through New Year. Whereas kosher wine typically is released in late JAnuary at the latest, to try to get into the Pesach marketplace, this is actually too late a timetable for all except a few kosher-oriented stores. Most nonkosher distributors and stores, from which probably the majority of kosher wines are purchased, won't even look at wine past early October, until about January 15 (people go on vacation after New Year). By that time, most Pesach oriented store buyers have already made their plans and purchases for Pesach. The optimal time to get into the marketplace even for Pesach of the next year is therefore before the previous October.
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum