TN: Laurent Perrier Brut Champagne -- Wowie Zowie

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

TN: Laurent Perrier Brut Champagne -- Wowie Zowie

Postby Andrew B » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm

From a bottle that I purchased about 6 months ago. Radiant gold color with an abundance of rich, but not frothy, bubbles. Intense nose of citrus, passion fruit, creme brulee, and some mild toasty notes. Just a hint of what we like to call around here "near-sweet" fruit flavors which could almost pass for a new world wine, but great body and acidity to balance it all out. Very impressive bottle, my first time having tasted it. This is the kind of champagne that could easily be paired with a meal, not just with apertifs or on its own. Great stuff. FYI this is the "newer label" but I couldn't find any batch codes or production details.
Andrew B
Wine guru

Re: TN: Laurent Perrier Brut Champagne -- Wowie Zowie

Postby Bill Coleman » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 am

First time I tasted Laurent Perrier was January 1, 2003, right after midnight. We had spent the previous week in Paris and the day before returning we went shopping at a kosher market in the 4th Arrondissement. Bought several pounds of cheese and four bottles of wine, one of which was the Laurent Perrier. It cost €30 and the Euro had reached parity with the dollar earlier in the week. A bargain! We arrived home exhausted about 6PM on New Years Eve so we set the alarm clock for midnight and hit the sack. Got up and gave ourselves our very own, private wine-and-cheese party. It was marvelous way to finish off a wonderful vacation and I think about it every time I see the name.
Bill Coleman
Ultra geek

Re: TN: Laurent Perrier Brut Champagne -- Wowie Zowie

Postby Andrew B » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Great story and great memories!
Andrew B
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum