Let me first start that I am not a shill and never have been one. So, please take this post with a grain of salt. None the less, this is purely data and I am happy to pass it along. The terravino results are in and there are TONS of winners (place desired comment here..), and I have ZERO interest in copying those down. The more interesting ones are the special winners:
1) Best small boutique winery ... goes to.... Biton WInery (what??) Loved it when Haim - who presented the award said, "has anyone heard of this award", is anyone from Biton here to accept the award?
2) Best Israeli wine maker - Barkan
3) Best Boutique winery (100K) Be Haim (Personally, I have not liked their wines, but maybe I keep tasting the wrong ones)
4) Best Boutique Winery (100K to 500K) - I guess this one all the way!!! Ella Valley - agree 100%
5) Best Kosher Israeli wine in competition - 2007 Ella Valley Cab VC (nice wine) and a double gold winner and a best in price ($37 to $50)
OK - now for what matters, those in Israel can go to Grape man on Friday the 14th, from 11 AM to 5 PM and taste all the winners! That is worth the price of admission!