Gat Shomron 2009 Shiraz TN's

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Gat Shomron 2009 Shiraz TN's

Postby Elchonon Hellinger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 pm

So, I got 3 bottles of Gat Shomron tonight. the Ice Wine which I was told to chill to near freezing, 2009 shiraz and 2009 merlot which my friend who knows the winemaker told me to open 2 hours before

With surgery soon and I can only drink half a bottle for the next week and nada the week after, I was eager to open the wine, I intended to share with gab but he was rushing out.

So I met up with mendel z, we went to eat out, I ordered a steak and opened the wine.

Shiraz from the shiloh hills, aged 20 months in oak barrels. The color is a royal purple, at first taste it was spicy but after time it began to open... its very balanced and fruity... Its like a smooth and aromatic at first taste but its consistent afterwards, its got a wild berry flavor but it doesnt distract from the wine.

As it opens up it has a taste I dont recognize, its incredible good taste I havent encountered, will give gab the other half tomorrow :)
Elchonon Hellinger
Ultra geek

Re: Gat Shomron 2009 Shiraz TN's

Postby Gabriel Geller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Elchonon Hellinger wrote:As it opens up it has a taste I dont recognize, its incredible good taste I havent encountered, will give gab the other half tomorrow :)

Thanks! Hey, take please some Israeli chutzpa: get here as early as you can as I'll be rushing out tomorrow (well, tonight...) as well... Swiss cheese fondue folks! 8) with Carmel Kayoumi Riesling 2011!
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Re: Gat Shomron 2009 Shiraz TN's

Postby Elchonon Hellinger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Gabriel Geller wrote:
Elchonon Hellinger wrote:As it opens up it has a taste I dont recognize, its incredible good taste I havent encountered, will give gab the other half tomorrow :)

Thanks! Hey, take please some Israeli chutzpa: get here as early as you can as I'll be rushing out tomorrow (well, tonight...) as well... Swiss cheese fondue folks! 8) with Carmel Kayoumi Riesling 2011!

Snap, what the heck? can you skip that and come with us to gush and kd? read my fb msg
Elchonon Hellinger
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum