Speckled,Striped & Dotted/WeeksEnd wine

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Re: Speckled,Striped & Dotted/WeeksEnd wine

Postby Yossie Horwitz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Unfortunately very true. Viognier is now going into the White Alma. Stay tuned though, this might change...
Sign up for my weekly newsletter on wines, wineries & other oenophilic goodies at http://www.yossiescorkboard.com
Yossie Horwitz
Wine guru

Postby Adam M » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Covenant Red C 2008 - this wine started off very strong, which worried me. But the next day and a half the power waned and it became very enjoyable. I seem to remember more black fruit upon release, however. In any case, this wine still has a couple of years of aging potential - at least in my view. So I wouldn't be in a rush to open my other bottles...

A note to David Raccah and Yehoshua - I like the way your exchange ended up and how you ultimately gave each other the benefit of the doubt. So many unnecessarily harsh posts can result from misinterpretations that lack the benefit of the doubt. We may not always use the right words, due to time pressures and the like. Giving others the benefit of the doubt helps make this forum strong, substantive...and civil... :D
Adam M
Wine guru

Postby Elie Poltorak » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 am

Gabriel Geller wrote:
Yehoshua Werth wrote:2009 Or Haganuz - Select - Big, Dark, deep and perfect for my wifes Chulent! Yumm

WE - just gave this a 90Pts watch out

Very interesting indeed. There's a famous Jerusalem's landmark restaurant specializing in ashkenazi cuisine moving to the shopping center where we are and I was wondering the other day what wine would pair best with cholent... :lol: Folks, should we open a new thread for this? :mrgreen:

Ashkenazi cuisine? An oxymoron if I ever heard one. :lol:
Elie Poltorak
Ultra geek

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum