Kitchen Table closes

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Kitchen Table closes

Postby Craig Winchell » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am

Just a quick note that the fine kosher food up in NoCal from this establishment is evidently no longer available, and obviously, no longer a spot for wine tasting dinners. Raccah, anything else comng down the pike up there, in terms of fine dining, and a place one can bring a bottle of perhaps nonmevushal product?
Craig Winchell
Wine guru

Re: Kitchen Table closes

Postby David Raccah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 am

yeah I was there last night and the dinner was fine, but the wine options so lacking I would have gone with a white if I was in the mood, instead I went with a beer. There is no one out there talking anymore, there was talk that TKT would be bought by someone local and revived, but that fell through. For now we have the San Jose based Jerusalem Grill which has fine food as well, but not anything that will blow your mind. The wine list is all mevu stuff, so live with it. In the end no high end restaurants in sight for now...

David
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Postby YoelA » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:49 pm

So far no reports of any new kosher restaurants of any level opening here in the near future, except that the owner of Amba is planning two places in the Peninsula (no details available at this time).
YoelA
Wine guru

Postby gaston k » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Sorry to see it close, as a former/future visitor to SV/Palo Alto. Only had the pleasure of actually eating there once, and was very impressed, and will miss the psychic satisfaction of knowing such a well-executed option was available to myself as a kosher traveler.
gaston k
Ultra geek

Postby Adam M » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Too bad, I'll miss hearing about that beet foam... RIP...8)
Adam M
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum