Binyamina Winery

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Binyamina Winery

Postby Gedalya P » Thu May 10, 2012 9:51 am

Does anyone know what is going on with Binyamina Winery? It appears that it is going through some major changes.
From Cellar 18 in Ramat Beit Shemesh
Gedalya P
Wine geek

Postby Gabriel Geller » Thu May 10, 2012 10:27 am

What Yossie wrote
Last edited by Gabriel Geller on Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Re: Binyamina Winery

Postby Yossie Horwitz » Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 am

As I stated in a prior post, my understanding is that the owners of Binyamina are also the owners of the Hatzi Hinam supermarket chain and the Pri HaGalil produce company. Presumably in an effort to streamline operations and cut costs, they have consolidated the marketing and [likely domestic] distribution divisions of the three entities under one roof. This eliminated Binyamina's own distribution efforts, something I am told was a personal "baby" of Ilan Hasson, who has resigned after 20 years at Binyamina. There are rumors floating around that the owners acquired the winery for its real estate holdings but hopefully these are only rumors... Binyamina's chief winemaker, Sasson Ben-Aharon recently assumed the title of winery and the whole group is undergoing a "reorgination" (whatever that means).
Sign up for my weekly newsletter on wines, wineries & other oenophilic goodies at http://www.yossiescorkboard.com
Yossie Horwitz
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum