Pinchas L wrote:David,
I second that. "Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum" gets my vote.
David Raccah wrote:Yehoshua - embrace reality! This forum is for those who wish to discuss kosher and Israeli wines - PERIOD. Sure, there are a few older wine guys from the old blog that "drop by" now and then, but they have almost all moved to the other wine forum. We should embrace who/what we are and stop trying to dream of the past forum, the past life, or the past moderator. Seriously, I said this was controversial, so get over it
Craig Winchell wrote:But I do have a problem with calling it an Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum, or anything to that effect, simply because I would like to see a broader rather than more limited subject matter. In Rogov's day, for instance, there were contributors from many different nations, with many different backgrounds. There was not a tremendous amount of diversity, but there was enough that kosher only contributors could nevertheless gain from the interaction with non-kosher drinkers, and hopefully vice-versa as well.
Jonathan K wrote:My thoughts:
1. The forum needs to move on, the pinned topics at the top of the forum should be unpinned.
2. Tweaking the name is fine. Eliminating all reference to Rogov is not.
3. The forum needs a moderator. The only reason it has worked thus far without a moderator is because there is not much activity and certainly no growth.
4. It is unfair to dump moderation of this forum on Robin Garr, and even if he would do it nominally, the forum needs direction and somebody willing to take charge and encourage discussion.
5. I think David Raccah would be a good choice if he would do it.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests