recanati syrah/ yarden

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

recanati syrah/ yarden

Postby Harry J » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi. Any current notes on recanati syrah 09. And yarden viogner 09?thanks; h
Harry J
Wine guru

Re: recanati syrah/ yarden

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:57 am

Harry, Hi....

Following are my current tasting notes for the wines in question.

Best
Rogov

Recanati, Shiraz, 2009: Blended with a small amount of Cabernet Sauvignon and developed in French and American oak. Super-dark garnet in color, with lively acidity and gentle wood influences settling, opens to a floral, vanilla and mineral-rich nose and then goes on to reveal peppery plum and berry fruits, all lingering nicely on the palate. Drink now–2014. Score 89. K

Yarden, Viognier, 2009: On the opening nose light notes of oak and flowers, those parting to make way for aromas and flavors of white peaches, pears and spices and, from mid-palate to a generous finish, notes of green gage plums. Drink now-2013. Score 90. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Eli R » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Daniel, Hi,

Was the Recanati Syrah Reserve 2009 released?
Have you tasted it recently?

Thanks,

Eli
Eli R
Wine guru

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Eli, Hi...

To the best of my knowledge (and at a good guess considering my last tasting), the wine in question has not yet been released. I did, however taste it for a second time as a barrel tasting and that note follows.

Best
Rogov

Recanati, Syrah, Reserve, 2009 (Barrel Tasting): Showing even better than at an earlier barrel tasting. Blended with a small amount of Viognier, developing in Burgundy barrels, deep almost shining garnet with a royal purple robe. At this youthful stage showing full-bodied with firmly gripping tannins but with fine balance and structure all this needs is time for its elements to come together. As the elements marry and integrate look for a wine that will show plum, wild berry and currant fruits, and unfolding on the palate notes of wild berries, roasted meat and earthy minerals. In its youth this one will be concentrated and intense. As it continues to develop it will show supple elegance. As the wine attains its peak look as well for a note of mint. Approachable on release but best 2013-2019. Tentative Score 90-92. K (Re-tasted 16 Jan 2011)
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Eli R » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Daniel, Hi,

Thanks for posting. Someone reported a visit to the winery where they had an advanced tasting of this wine, to be released June or July.
I did taste it in the winery last year and am looking forward for its release.
Eli
Eli R
Wine guru

Postby Harry J » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Kind of strange continuing a thread of a rogov TN.But I revisited the wine so revisited the thread. H
Harry J
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum