Correcting an Error

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Correcting an Error

Postby Daniel Rogov » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 pm

There is a phenomenon, not at all metaphysical, in journalism known as a "printer's gremlin" in which words or whole paragraphs jump space, are omitted or are otherwise screwed up. One of those gremlins snuck into my wine review today and the wrong tasting note was printed for the 2006 Old Vine Carignan or Carmel. The correct tasting note follows.

Best
Rogov

Carmel, Carignan, Old Vines, Regional, Zichron Ya’akov, 2006: A super-dark garnet blend of 85% Carignan and 15% Petit Verdot, the Carignan from 35–40-year-old, very low-yield wines with no irrigation. A blockbuster on first attack, but the firm tannins and generous wood settling down nicely to reveal a rich array of plum, red cherry, raspberry and currant fruits all supported nicely by hints of cocoa and spices. Look as well for a generous mocha-rich finish. Drink now–2011. Score 90. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Correcting an Error

Postby Alek W » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:19 pm

I am glad to see this correction. I've read the previous version of the TN just a couple of hours ago, and was appalled by such a dramatic change!
Alek W
Ultra geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 pm

There is a theory about such "gremlins", that to the effect that they are first-cousins to the little men and women who live in our refrigerators and turn on the light every time we open the door. Alas, however, the gremlins are more mischievous and take their pleasure by frustrating columnists, editors and readers alike.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Mark Kogos » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:58 pm

I thought they were the smiling faced cherubs I see swimming at the bottom of my glass at 2am in the morning.
Miss dhem Saints.
Mark Kogos
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum