WTN Please

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

WTN Please

Postby David Raccah » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Will be having sweet and sour brisket (more wine then sweet and sour - but still for full disclosure). I will be already opening up:

Was thinking of these - do you have notes for them:
1) Hagafen 2004 Zinfandel
2) Hagafen 2004 Zinfandel Moskowite Ranch Block 61 Reserve
3) Hagafen 2005 Zinfandel
4) Herzog Special Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah 2004
5) Herzog Special Reserve Zinfandel 2005

Thanks!!
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Re: WTN Please

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:22 am

David, Hi...

Following are my notes for those of the wines on your list that I have tasted.

Best
Rogov

Hagafen, Zinfandel, Napa Valley, 2005: A well-focused wine, medium-bodied, with soft, gently mouth-coating tannins and just the barest tantalizing hints of spicy oak. Opens with black cherry and sage notes, those going on to reveal ripe plum, licorice and mineral notes. Long and generous. Best 2009-2011. Score 90. K (Tasted 24 May 2008)

HaGafen, Zinfandel, Reserve, Moskovite Ranch, Block 61, Napa, 2004: Beautiful! Medium-dark garnet in color, medium- to full-bodied, with chewy tannins and generous wild berries, blackberries, and spices on a firm background, all of which open nicely in the glass and linger nicely. Long, and with a generously earthy-mineral finish. Best now-2009, perhaps somewhat longer. Score 90. K (Tasted 4 Aug 2006)

HaGafen, Zinfandel, Napa Valley, 2004: Firm and almost closed when first poured but given time in the glass opening nicely to reveal tempting aromas and flavors of wild berries, sage, a dash of black pepper and an underlying dusty earthiness. Drink now-2008. Score 88. K (Tasted 4 Aug 2006)

Herzog, Zinfandel, Special Reserrve, Lodi, 2005: Deep royal purple in color, medium- to full-bodied, with soft tannins integrated nicely and showing appealing spicy plum and berry fruits. Long and generous. Drink now-2009. Score 88. (Tasted 12 Mar 2007)
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum