American WTN's

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

American WTN's

Postby Jaicky T » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Mr. Rogov,

Do you have any WTN's for these American wines:

2002 Herzog Special Reserve Alexander Valley Merlot
2001 Herzog Special Reserve Alexander Valley Cabernet

Thanks,
Jaicky T
Ultra geek

Re: American WTN's

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 am

Yaakov, Hi....

First, a small favor...... please stop calling me "Mr" Rogov. That makes me feel like my own grandfather. Either just plain Rogov or, if you prefer, Daniel will do nicely.

Now to the point - following are my most recent tasting notes for the wines in question.

Best
Rogov

Herzog, Merlot, Special Reserve, Alexander Valley, 2002: Soft and round, with moderate levels of soft tannins and forward, almost jammy berry-cherry aromas and flavors, those set off nicely by hints of spicy wood. Give this one a bit of time to develop in the bottle and the now almost daringly forward fruits will settle down to reveal attractive aromas and flavors of fresh herbs and (it is early to tell now) either a chocolate or a tobacco sensation. Best 2005-2010. Score 91 K. (Tasted 16 Sep 2004)

Herzog, Cabernet Sauvignon, Special Reserve, Alexander Valley, Sonoma, 2001: Deep ruby towards purple, medium- to full-bodied, with firm, almost chewy tannins and opening in the glass to reveal an array of black cherry, currant and sweet cedar aromas and flavors. Delicious now but not meant for long term cellaring. Drink now-2008. Score 89. K (Re-tasted 27 May 2006)
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: American WTN's

Postby Jaicky T » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 am

Point noted and thanks
Jaicky T
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum