Ch. Le Crock TNR

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Ch. Le Crock TNR

Postby Matt Walter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Daniel!

You've recently posted TN's on this vineyard's 2002 kosher edition--do you have TN's from other kosher edition years?

As always--thanks!
Matt
Matt Walter
Ultra geek

Re: Ch. Le Crock TNR

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:08 am

Matt, Hi....

Following are my notes for the 2000-2003 kosher editions of the wine in question.

Best
Rogov

Chateau Le Crock, St. Estephe, Cru Bourgeois, 2000 (Kosher Edition): Re-tasted (blind of course) specifically because several people in the United States have reported a notable deterioration in the wine since their last tasting. My own tasting reflected no problems. As reported earlier (9 May 2005), medium- to full-bodied, with tannins well integrated with spicy cedar and showing fresh and appealing black currant, berry and ripe plum aromas and flavors. On the finish still showing hints of mint, that now with a light dark chocolate overlay. Drink now-2010, perhaps longer. Score 89. K (Re-tasted 25 Apr 2006)

Chateau Le Crock, St. Estephe, Cru Bourgeois, 2001 (Kosher Edition): Medium- to full-bodied, with generous near-sweet tannins integrating nicely. On the nose and palate spicy cedar wood, currants and plums matched nicely by hints of mint and licorice on the moderately-long finish. Best from 2006-2012. Score 89. K (Tasted 9 May 2005)

Chateau L Chateau Le Crock, St. Estephe, 2002 (Kosher Edition): As we have come to know the signature of this Chateau, full-bodied, with firm tannins and generous spicy wood but those in good balance and opening in the glass to reveal currant, wild berry and hints of earthy-herbaceousness. Well crafted but needs time for its elements to come together. Best 2007-2011. Score 89. K (Tasted 17 Feb 2006)

Chateau Le Crock, St-Estephe, 2003 (Kosher Edition): Dark garnet with purple and orange reflections, full-bodied with still gripping tannins needing time to settle in. On the nose and palate blackberry, currant and black cherry fruits, those on a background of Oriental spices and olives. On the finish hints of licorice and citrus peel. Best 2008-2012. Score 89. K (Re-tasted 20 Jan 2007)
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Ch. Le Crock TNR

Postby Matt Walter » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:16 am

Thanks Daniel.

They look like the model of consistency. I've enjoyed the 2001, so I will pick up a bottle or two of the 2002 (and later vintages if available).

Thanks!

(Tried a very nice Herzog Special Reserve Zinfandel 2005 tonight. Everyone loved it. I'll post a TNR in a separate message).

Kol Tuv,
Matt
Matt Walter
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum