TNR: Dalton Alma 2006

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

TNR: Dalton Alma 2006

Postby Harel Cain » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi all,

Glad to finally make my debut on this forum.

Rogov, do you perchance have a TN for the Dalton Alma blend, 2006? I heard it's hitting the stores now. This time, a blend of Cabernet Sauvingon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. After the success (IMHO) of the 2005 Alma, I'm curious to know what's coming up.

Thanks,

Harel
Harel Cain
Just got here

WTN: Dalton, Alma 2005 and 2006

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 am

Harel, Hi....

Good to see that your registration problems are now resolved.

My tasting notes for both the 2005 and 2006 wines follow.

Best
Rogov

Alma, 2006: A medium to full-bodied blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and a small amount of Cabernet Franc opening on the palate to reveal appealing blackberry and black cherry fruits on a background of soft tannins, cloves and dried summer fruits. Well done for the vintage. Drink now–2010. Score 88. K

Alma, 2005: Garnet towards purple, medium to full-bodied, this blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon and 35% Merlot spent 16 months in French oak. Firm tannins integrating nicely with spicy oak. On the nose and palate blackberries, purple plums and a teasing hint of bitter oranges, the fruits backed up nicely by Oriental spices. Still firm tan-nins, spicy oak and acidity in fine balance. Drink now–2010. Score 89. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum