WTN Galil Chardonnay 03

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

WTN Galil Chardonnay 03

Postby Jon J » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks in advance and glad to have moved with most to the new forum :)
Jon J
Wine geek

Re: WTN Galil Chardonnay 03

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:29 pm

Jon, Hi.... Glad to have you aboard. Must ask a question though - are we talking about the Yarden, Chardonnay, the Gail Mountain Chardonnay or the Dalton Chardonnay???? And before evening knowing, I wouldn't set my hopes set too high for an Israeli 2003 Chardonnay.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Jon J » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Rogov - sorry for not providing accurate information. I meant the Yarden-Golan label Chardonnay. (I mixed up my "G"s)

Regards
Jon
Jon J
Wine geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Jon, Hi.....

One has to keep in mind that the red wines in the Golan series of the Golan Heights Winery are meant for drinking from release and then 2 - 3 years beyond the vintage. The whites are meant for even earlier drinking - from release and then 1 - 2 years maximum from release. My most recent tasting for the specific wine was towards the end of 2006 and that note follows. As you will see, even two years ago I was suggesting "drink up".

Best
Rogov

Golan Heights Winery, Chardonnay, Golan, 2003: Clean, crisp and refreshing, medium-bodied, with aromas and flavors of green apples, citrus and spring flowers. Drink up. Score 85. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Jon J » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Interesting. This goes to the other thread about US suppliers and keeping wine around. I had someone pick up a number of bottles of wine here (Seattle) for me and just happened to notice this wine was from 2003 although all other bottles were of recent vintages. I was surprised it was so old and still on the shelf...I'll probably take it back. Not sure how they had this around as it is a local grocery store and they normally move through their stock pretty well.

Thanks!
Jon J
Wine geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum