A Better Buy in Teaneck?

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

A Better Buy in Teaneck?

Postby Ilan T » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

It took a while, but I've finally made it to the new forum home.

When at my parents in Teaneck, I usually am forced to shop for kosher wine at one of the few shops that take advantage of the huge Orthodox population and inflate their wine prices to the edge of insanity. I always shop for value and know what not to buy, but just walking into the shops and seeing their outrageous prices always seems to mar my wine shopping experience.

Today I found a wine merchant in nearby Bergenfield with a fairly small but decent kosher section. I walked in and was very impressed with his prices. I bought some Ella Valley Chard 2005 for $19.99 (instead of up to $30), a Toscaleoni Chianti 2003 for $15, and most impressively 3 bottles of Yarden Syrah 2002 for only 19.99 each. The extra bonus is that they offer 10% off any order of 4 bottles and 20% off any order of 8, so I saved about $2 a bottle on top of the bargain prices.

Rogov, can you please post your most recent TN for the Yarden 2002 Syrah? Thanks.

-Ilan
@winemakerguy
Ilan T
Ultra geek

Re: A Better Buy in Teaneck?

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Ilan, Hi....

Please do list the name and address of the store you found. Could be of interest to several of our members/readers.

My most recent tasting note (within four months) follows for the wine in question.

Best
Rogov

Golan Heights Winery, Syrah, Yarden, 2002: Medium to full-bodied, showing generous, soft tannins and spicy oak highlighting layers of berries, cherries, plums and spices along with distinctive aromas and flavors of chocolate, vanilla and anise. On the long finish hints of spring flowers and espresso. Drink now. Score 90. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Ilan T » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:47 pm

The store info is as follows:

Wine Country
89 New Bridge Rd
Bergenfield, NJ 07621
(201) 385-0106

They have 10 stores in New Jersey and seem very professional.
@winemakerguy
Ilan T
Ultra geek

Postby Gary J » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:31 pm

I have actually been to that store and they actually run some nice sales as well. I picked up some hard liquor when I was there.
Wine Tasting Guy
http://winetastingguy.com/
Gary J
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum