WTN: 02 Nuit Saint Georges, Henri Gouge

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

WTN: 02 Nuit Saint Georges, Henri Gouge

Postby Eric Lo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:23 am

02 Nuit Saint Georges, Henri Gouge

A really enjoyable wine indeed! With a fragrant and deep nose of warm tone mineral, ripe red fruit which evolves into violet, blueberry and hint of sweet vanilla, getting aalcoholic at the end. In the mouth, it has a sense of richness , velvety with ripe tannin ended with a moderate finish. Drink well now and can improve in another 4 or 5 years.
Eric Lo
Wine geek

Re: WTN: 02 Nuit Saint Georges, Henri Gouge

Postby David M. Bueker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Interesting note Eric. I picked up a bunch of hte '05 of this same wine in 375 ml bottles (good for Wednesday night drinking). I hope mine eventually show as well as your '02s did.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Postby JC (NC) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Henri Gouges is a Burgundy producer that I admire but have too little opportunity to try. I did enjoy a half-bottle of a NSG "Pruliers" with a dinner in Ann Arbor while attending a previous Mo'Cool. Maybe I can repeat that event this year.
JC (NC)
Lifelong Learner

Postby Eric Lo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Wait a few more years on the ier Cru and drink their village wine I wouldsuggest!
Eric Lo
Wine geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum