TN: Bruno Paillard Rose Premiere Cuvee NV

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

TN: Bruno Paillard Rose Premiere Cuvee NV

Postby Bill Hooper » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:42 am

85%Pinot Noir, 15%Chardonnay. Beautiful and traditional pale-salmon color (no Day-glow Pink here!). DELICIOUS! Cranberry, raspberry and orange peel with rose petal, back-of-the-mouth spicy paprika and heady, bready granary aromas. The body is light and ethereal. Moussy, lathery bubbles. This wine has great freshness and extraordinary delicacy -very aerodynamic. Like all Paillard wines, there's a disgorgement date on the back (May 2005) 12% vol. $62 -If I could only drink one NV Rose for the rest of my days, this is it.

Santé!
Bill
Bill Hooper
Wine guru

Re: TN: Bruno Paillard Rose Premiere Cuvee NV

Postby Jenise » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:06 pm

Love Bruno Paillard wines. Re your comment that if you could only have one, does every house that makes rose bottle an NV rose? It seems I rarely see them beyond the famous Salmon-Billecart, but that could easily be more a supply issue than a correct read on what's available.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Re: TN: Bruno Paillard Rose Premiere Cuvee NV

Postby Bill Hooper » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:33 pm

Jenise wrote:Love Bruno Paillard wines. Re your comment that if you could only have one, does every house that makes rose bottle an NV rose?

Jenise,

To my knowledge, not all of them do. I know Philipponnat, Fueillatte, Henriot and Moet do. Pol Roger does not, VC does not. I don't know about Roederer or Heidsieick. I'll keep my eyes open for more -tis the season.

Prost!
Bill
Bill Hooper
Wine guru

Return to Wine Focus