So, when do we start?

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

So, when do we start?

Postby Bruce Hayes » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:52 pm

Is there going to some sort of official announcement from Robin or, given that we are already on our second day of this brand new month, can I assume that we are already operating under the new tasting theme?
Bruce Hayes
Wine guru

Re: So, when do we start?

Postby Bill Buitenhuys » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:11 pm

Ya, we usually start a few days early and stop posting 4 to 6 months after the end of the topic month. :D
Bill Buitenhuys
Wine guru

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:33 pm

Yup, thats right. No rules, just as long as it`s red!! Have to say that `00 LBV Churchills I was bragging about is not up to much.

Bill, are you tasting the 7 Deadly Zins? Bruce?
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby Robin Garr » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Bruce Hayes wrote:Is there going to some sort of official announcement from Robin or, given that we are already on our second day of this brand new month, can I assume that we are already operating under the new tasting theme?

For the record, Bruce, it's fine to go ahead and start. I usually put up the posters and send around the sound tricks to coincide with an issue of the 30 Second Wine Advisor, always hoping to lure a few more newbies in here. I'll likely do that Monday. But as the others said, we don't stand on rules or ceremony around here. Fire that dish!
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:01 pm

Well, I am itching to get going!! Its been a while since I have gotten into some cabs, hope the gout is not going to return. Get out the pills!
First red might be the J Lohr Seven Oaks , a winery on the up and up I hear.
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Return to Wine Focus