WTN: Brun Bojos....

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: Brun Bojos....

Postby robs_r » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:03 am

Ahh, Beaujolais. I love the good stuff.
Based on the glowing reviews from Florida Jim and Chris Coad et al. I tried to find some Brun bottles. This was not too easy (nothing available in Austria) but thanks to the Internet I was able to get some stuff delivered from Germany and France. I am glad I bought quite a lot - there are still some bottles left!

• 2002 Les Terres Dorees Côte de Brouilly - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Côte de Brouilly (2/27/2006)
    Fine ruby healthy color, pretty dark for a Beaujolais. On the first sip, intense cherry flavours that recede with some air. Starts to gain complexity and some earthy undertones showing development. Good acidity and medium long finish. This is pleasent but doesn't show off all its stuff now and will improve some years.
  • 2002 Les Terres Dorees Moulin-à-Vent - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Moulin-à-Vent (8/4/2005)
    Beautiful, rather deep red color. Good structure. Fruit is buried behind strong acidity. Unbalanced at the moment. I hope this comes around. Keep.
  • 2002 Les Terres Dorees Beaujolais Cuvée Ancienne - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais (4/18/2005)
    After opening acidic, clean, pleasent, nicer with food than alone. On the fourth day (usually bottles are not open that long at our house) this was perfectly integrated, had a wonderful texture and tasted like a Bourgogne. Very good. Keep or decant for some hours.

Posted from CellarTracker
Robert Ruzitschka
Vienna, Austria
robs_r
Wine geek

Re: WTN: Brun Bojos....

Postby Otto » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:04 pm

Robert, thanks for the notes! I've been salivating over tasting notes of Brun for ages and have been wondering where in Europe one can get them. Which shops did you buy yours' from?

-O-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.

No longer ITB.
Otto
Musaroholic

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:19 pm

OK, guys..... Brun???
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby robs_r » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi Otto!

I bought them from http://www.weinhalle.de and http://www.wineandco.com some time ago but have no idea if there is still something available and if they deliver to Finland.

Anyway, I can feel your pain. I also read the noted from the usual suspects with great delight and just couldn't find any of these wines.

Regards, Robert
Robert Ruzitschka
Vienna, Austria
robs_r
Wine geek

Postby Otto » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:45 am

Robert, thanks for the links, but seems they don't have any. Wine-searcher doesn't come up with any shops that would sell to Finland (I don't have the pro version though). Looks like I'll have to live without. :(

No longer ITB.
Otto
Musaroholic

Postby Robin Garr » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:24 am

Otto Nieminen wrote:Robert, thanks for the links, but seems they don't have any. Wine-searcher doesn't come up with any shops that would sell to Finland (I don't have the pro version though). Looks like I'll have to live without. :(

Otto, just to provide closure, I checked the Pro Version for you. No vendors in Finland there, either. :x

It's not in Louisville, either ... can any of you Brunites out there tell us who the US distributor is? It's not a Dressner wine, is it?
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Brun = Domaine des Terres Dorées = Dressner (US Importer)

Postby Mike Conner » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Jean-Paul Brun, owner and vigneron of The Domaine des Terres Dorées.

And, yes, this is a Dressner import. At least for the U.S.

http://www.louisdressner.com/Brun/

Looks like Joe needs to update his website for the various Brun bottlings that are now available (besides the gamays, a great chardonnay and pinot noir) - and to provide more info on a great vigneron.

I've seen on the Chambers Street Wines website, there is a sparkling wine from Brun listed. Just curious if anyone has had the opportunity to try it?

Mike

In search of the perfect QPR wine.... does it exist?
Mike Conner
Ultra geek

Postby Otto » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:13 am

Robin Garr wrote:Otto, just to provide closure, I checked the Pro Version for you. No vendors in Finland there, either. :x

Thanks Robin, but I knew there aren't any vendors in Finland because of the monopoly. I was wondering if there is a store in the EU that would ship to Finland that would have Brun available! If I ask really nicely and promise not to tease you about Riesling and will put up a Nebbiolo note or two, would you mind checking the pro version if there are any shops in the EU which would have Brun? Then I could go about asking if they ship... I don't feel like investing in the pro because I only buy a couple cases a year from abroad (no money to buy more) and those I usually buy from merchants I know.

-Otto-

No longer ITB.
Otto
Musaroholic

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:33 am

Otto Nieminen wrote:would you mind checking the pro version if there are any shops in the EU which would have Brun?

Of course, Otto! In fact I just yesterday put in an order for some Brun, so I'll be able to get in on this when my shipment arrives. :)

Watch your E-mail ...
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 am

Otto Nieminen wrote:any shops in the EU which would have Brun? Then I could go about asking if they ship.

Okay, I sent something to your Gmail address. Let me know if you prefer the other E-mail instead. I found one shop in Holland, several in France. The little lock icon means that they do have E-commerce websites. Will they ship to Finland? One way to find out! :oops:
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Otto » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Otto Nieminen wrote:any shops in the EU which would have Brun? Then I could go about asking if they ship.

Okay, I sent something to your Gmail address. Let me know if you prefer the other E-mail instead. I found one shop in Holland, several in France. The little lock icon means that they do have E-commerce websites. Will they ship to Finland? One way to find out! :oops:

Thanks Robin, the gmail is fine! I sent questions to the shops - I hope they bother replying!

-O-

No longer ITB.
Otto
Musaroholic

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Otto, you should meet up with some flight attendants who travel around Europe. Preferably wine lovers too!! Shopping problem solved eh.
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby Bill Buitenhuys » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:52 pm

Otto, you should meet up with some flight attendants who travel around Europe.
Is this how you ended up finally getting some Pepiere, Bob? What will your better half think? :shock: :D
Bill Buitenhuys
Wine guru

Postby Jenise » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:40 am

Robs--good notes. You remind me that I meant to hunt down some of the other 04 Bruns--I've only had the L'Ancien. Now I'll remind you to go hunt down the 04's. Sensational vintage.

Otto--did you ever find any to order?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Postby Otto » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:08 pm

Jenise wrote:Otto--did you ever find any to order?

No. I sent emails to the shops that Robin linked in his email, but none answered back. :(

No longer ITB.
Otto
Musaroholic

Postby Jenise » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:08 pm

Bummarooni, Otto. You'll just have to talk your next foriegn visitor into a little muling.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to Wine Focus