WTN: Drouhin rocks! Juliénas 2004

The monthly Wine Focus discussions are now held in the main Wine Forum (above). The forum remains open as an archive, but please post comments and questions in the Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

WTN: Drouhin rocks! Juliénas 2004

Postby Otto » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:12 pm

Very few mentions this 101 on Drouhin! You should go out and try some (hmmmm, open mike?) as I find that where ever Drouhin makes wines, they are true to terroir are grape. Besides, the wines are elegant and usually unspoofulated (though they sometimes are a bit oaky for me, but even that seems to always integrate with time). I'll admit I have a love affair with Drouhin's wines.

About a month back I tasted, but for some reason don't seem to have posted on, the Juliénas 2004. It was as true to type as you can ask for. The nose is elegant and mineral in its copious sweet, berry aromas. The palate is pleasantly structured but with sweet fruit and nice minerality. Not profound, but so true to type and such great fun to drink!

Last year when trying the 2004s I noted a touch of tartness to most Bojos, but I am happy to say that I haven't noticed them in more recent samplings. I guess this is a case in point that good Bojos should be given a few years from vintage - at least!

-Otto-
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
Otto
Musaroholic

Re: WTN: Drouhin rocks! Juliénas 2004

Postby Bill Buitenhuys » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:17 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, Otto. I'm doing more beaujolais shopping next week and I'll look for this one...or the Moulin a Vent for open mike.
Bill Buitenhuys
Wine guru

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:56 pm

That will be a nice one Bill. See you are drinking `90 Barolo, have I got a deal for you!!!!
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby Bill Buitenhuys » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm

have I got a deal for you!!!!
Deal?
Bill Buitenhuys
Wine guru

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:06 am

Sure , the first 2 bottles were corked but I think the 3rd/4th should be drinking nicely> the `90 Oddero!!
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Return to Wine Focus